Tuesday, October 04, 2016

Ticker Tracker: Suunto Ambit Run

I've got this decent $300 fitness watch called the Suunto Ambit Run that does a good job of tracking what I've been up to. It's not exactly what I wanted: it really is heavily geared for running rather than the cross-training I invest in, and while it's fun to get the GPS going on the rare occasions I'm able to get out trail running (when I'm back in the ol' 819) Geo-positioning is kinda pointless on a hockey rink :D

Below are two recent displays. The first is from yesterday afternoon's gym session, the second day of my new more cardio-centric regime, and the second is a typical 80mins Hockey Night in Jakarta session with the #JakartaDragons

GYM: Eight spikes to 178bpm for the intervals and then a range between 118-152bpm when I got stuck into three Supersets for Back and Biceps. Average bpm 135; total burn was 626cals over 72mins.

HOCKEY: We're on-ice 80-85 mins including warm-up. Three team round-robin of two-minute shifts; if you score you remain on the ice and the opponent changes, so read the 'valleys' as bench time. If you read it closely you'll divine that between 30-42mins my team choked, only managing to stay on ice for a couple of minutes, and then woke up for the next 15 minutes. Ave 155bpm, peak at 191bpm; total burn 1,086cals 

No comments: